Topic: Krabi To Phuket transfers by road

Hi,
What are the types of road transfers, times and approx. costs say to Kata beach on Phuket.
Thanks

Re: Krabi To Phuket transfers by road

Hello

By road from Krabi to Phuket there are 3 main options:

1. Public transport
- Local bus to Krabi Town bus station (if staying in Ao Nang area) - 40 Baht / person, 45 mins
- Bus from Krabi Town to Phuket Town - approx 200 Baht / person, 3 hrs (frequency every hour or so in the daytime, no reservation necessary)
- Taxi / tuk-tuk from Phuket Town to Kata - approx 400 Baht (?), 30 mins

2. Semi-private transport
Join-in minibus service. This leaves at 10am daily from Ao Nang, goes via Krabi Town, then drops people at Phuket Airport and all beaches south of there. Ticket price 350 Baht per person; journey time to Kata (far south beach) depends on the destinations of other passengers, but can be up to 4.5 hours. Buy tickets in any local tour agent the day before travel.

3. Private transport
A taxi from Ao Nang to Kata Beach charges 2500 Baht door to door; travel time around 2-2.5 hours depending on traffic. For a private minivan (for several people), add around 300-400 Baht to this figure.

Thank you Mr Administrator. I have the info. I need now.
Are you aware of any way of organising a transfer by private car/mini bus in a back loading or vehicle returning empty situation to Phuket?
Thanks.

YourKrabi wrote:

Hello

By road from Krabi to Phuket there are 3 main options:

2. Semi-private transport
Join-in minibus service. This leaves at 10am daily from Ao Nang, goes via Krabi Town, then drops people at Phuket Airport and all beaches south of there. Ticket price 350 Baht per person; journey time to Kata (far south beach) depends on the destinations of other passengers, but can be up to 4.5 hours. Buy tickets in any local tour agent the day before travel.

Hi there,

May I know if there is a similar way for me to travel from Phuket to Ao Nang? I am flying to Phuket airport from Singapore because there is no budget air flights to Krabi direct. Thanks!:D