Topic: Having a great time in Krabi---thanks to guidebook

Hello,

I am currently njoying a month holiday in Krabi and wanted to say how much I appreciated having the guidebook (ahead of time) and the website for all kinds of info. It is absolutely true that low season can be gorgeous and a great time to visit: less tourists (which makes activities such as snorkelling and going to islands really wonderful) and still the opportunity for a tan!

Mostly, The guidebook has enhanced my stay and I refer solely to it: I would definitely recommend doing some of the bike rides indicated--though arduous if unfit (I would say they MUST be done early morning or late afternoon, setting off at 5pm is the best as everyone comes out of work and it is wonderfully lively)--they provide a wonderful experience of the area ( a very nice way to experience the scenery for instance, I prefer it to car rides). I do not climb, but have been snorkelling--truly amazing--and visited temples, etc. Basically just checking off from the guidebook's recommendations of places.

My friends came as well with kids--and the "aquarium" (or fish conservation center I think) was a great hit (with me too and I am not that keen on animals and fish)

A little encouragement: DO PAY ATTENTION TO THE "TIPS" provided--I have found them to be very accurate and they have helped my relationships with local thai people (especially for a long stay like mine--like dress, mode of address, not being topless on beach, etc).
USE THE FOOD SECTION. I love Thai food but I can't say menus are the best guide. I have asked for what I like (my favorite: "som tam" green payaga salad, and red curry) based on the dictionary provided.

This is a great stay, and I know I will come back!
Sandrine

Re: Having a great time in Krabi---thanks to guidebook

hi sandrine, since you are in krabi now, how's the weather there? smile

I'm visiting krabi on 27th july for a 3d2n short getaway, but was rather worried after i got to know that it's the monsoon season there.... sad

Also, bcos my flight reaches krabi only at 6.45pm, which is rather late upon reach my hotel at ao nang beach, i'm rather worried that i'm not in time to get my island hopping trip for the next day.... What time do the tour agencies along the beach close? And any tour agency which is cheap and near to ao nang villa resort to recommend?

tks tks...

this book is a must well written and great tips and ideas.
in most supermarkets in ao nong

really?so the book really helps huh?I guess  should get one myself before even planning to go to Krabi.

http://travelbargainhunters.ning.com/

dwarfs8 wrote:

And any tour agency which is cheap and near to ao nang villa resort to recommend?

There are many  tour agency in Krabi. I with the family (2 adults, 2 kids) usually we use tour agency "Kanokwan Tour". We quite accept quality of service and the price. Do not find this message advertising.

(Please log in or register to see this link)

Hi,
I'm planning a road trip from Malaysia to Krabi. My starting point will be Rantau Panjang in Kelantan. Probably I'll be stopping at Hatyai on the way. Can any of you guys/gals recommend the smoothes or safest journey from Rantau Panjang to Krabi? Do & don'ts and places not to be missed along the way. I'm travelling along with my family with only one car.

Thanks
Deenn

What's the book name?

I stay in Thailand for quite a long time but neverbeen to Krabi before.

- (Please log in or register to see this link) | (Please log in or register to see this link) | (Please log in or register to see this link) -

The book is our own, Your Krabi, available online through the website: http://www.yourkrabi.com/krabi-guidebook.php
or in a few shops around Ao Nang / Krabi.