Topic: krabi airport to phi phi island

hi, I will travel to krabi on middle of Sept...and I need help here...
How can I get to Phi Phi Island direct from the krabi airport?
Is there any taxi which will direct take us to Tharua Rd? and what the price?
Or anyone have the better way?
and hows the weather on that time? i plan go to do rock climbing. If I am so unluckily(rain), is that the rock climbing activity will be cancel?

Re: krabi airport to phi phi island

A taxi from the airport to the pier on Tharua Road is 350 Baht. Buy a coupon at the booth in the arrival hall.

Weather we can't tell right now, sorry! In Phi Phi I think there are still some places you can climb in the rain, but not sure of the level. In Railay there are definitely sheltered spots (underneath rock overhangs) that you can climb in any weather.

Hi! How long does it take by taxi from the ferry terminal to the airport? We'll be coming by ferryboat from phi phi (which is leaving at 9am and takes 1,5 hours -as I understand). We need to catch a flight a 12.25 which seems a little tight. In case this wouldn't work, is there an individual speedboat transfer available? What does it cost? Many thanks for your help. Kind regards, Greg

Transfer time should not be more than 15 - 20 minutes, so if the ferry is not delayed, there should be enough time to make the flight (domestic check in closes 45 mins before departure).

Private speedboat transfers are available, but you'd be looking at around 7000 baht per person I think - they can be booked in any of the bigger resorts on the island.

Many thanks for your response. Very helpful. However, we opted not to risk it (in case the ferry is delayed) and decided to leave one day earlier to Raylai insted. I understand there is ferry leaving at 15.30 from Phi Phi. Is that correct?
Kind regards
Greg

Yes, the Ao Nang Princess leaves daily at 15.30 and gets in to Railay at around 16.45.

Hello,

we arrive in Krabi airport with AirAsia at 14h40. Do you think we can take the Ao Nang Princess at 15h30 or it's to short ?
From where share the Ao Nang Princess ?

Thanks

hi,
we will be arriving to Krabi airport on 28th december at 15.15hrs. How can we go to Pi Phi island fom the airport after this hour? We had checked the ferry schdules but unfortunately we could not see any ferry to tak us to Phi PHi...
Can you please help?

thank you

Unfortunately, there are no ferries after this time - the last one departs Krabi Town pier at 3pm (15.00). You would either need to charter your own private speedboat (count on minimum 10,000 baht for this ), or stay the night in Krabi Town or Ao Nang and depart first thing the next morning.

i m arriving in Krabi airport at 12.25 from Malaysia...will i have ample time to go Phi Phi Island and stay?

xatomic wrote:

i m arriving in Krabi airport at 12.25 from Malaysia...will i have ample time to go Phi Phi Island and stay?

Hi Xatomic,

If you're taking airasia from KL to Krabi. The flight has re-time.
Please on-line to double confirm you flight schedule.
It happen to me aswell. Me and my friend going to krabi 31st Oct.
It suppose to arrive Krabi 12.25. but in a sudden flight re-time, we'll arrive at 1345....
We're worry we might not able to catch the ferry to PP island at1500... sad

Kerry

Kerry... damn u r right..i just checked again..it has delayed one hour...i b going on Nov 7 though.

so i have decided to stay in the mainland first for first nite..next day only go down phi phi

Last edited by xatomic (16-10-2009 18:04:46)