Topic: coming to krabi new years time

Hi,
me and my girlfriend are visiting Thailand this christmas/newyear season (08-09). We want to come to Krabi around new years. We were wondering it it is advisable to book hotel rooms before we get there or try to get a room after we arrive in Krabi. We are looking to stay for 3-4 days.
We already booked our tickets from the US to Thailand, so it would be nice to have the hotel rooms booked too but I wanted an opinion on what hotels are good (we are looking at something like $30 a night hotel rooms).
THanks

Re: coming to krabi new years time

Booking at Christmas and New Year is ESSENTIAL, unless you want to spend the first day of your holiday tramping around looking for accommodation. Though, having looked at your budget, you may find it is better to do this, as very few backpacker places offer (reliable) online booking.

For this price at New Year you can expect a fan room in somewhere like Koh Lanta (mid -island or southern beaches) or off-beach in Ao Nang / Nopparat Thara. You may be able to find air con accommodation in Krabi Town. As these places are all quite far away from each other, research where you want to be first, then head straight there from the airport and start looking.

Good luck!