Topic: son in hospital, information needed


I just received word from my son, Robert, that he has been hospitalized in a private Muslim hospital in Krabi, sounds like jariyathum rompat.  Does anyone know the correct English spelling for the hospital, the address and telephone number?  My son is a photographer from the U.S. and was doing some location photography.  He may have Dengue fever.  Any help would be appreciated.

Sincerely, Arline, worried Mom in California

Re: son in hospital, information needed

Hello Arline

I am sorry to hear about your son.

The hospital you are looking for is called Jirayatam Ruam Paet and the contact details are as follows:

514 Utarakit Road, Krabi Town
Tel: +66 (0) 75 632 204

Leave out the zero if you are dialling from the US.

If your son has suspected Dengue fever, I would advise a transfer as soon as possible to either Bangkok Phuket or Phuket International Hospital, both 2.5 hours drive away, where they have international standard facilties to take care of him.

You can call Bangkok Phuket Hospital on +66 (0) 7625 4425
You can call yourself and explain the situation (all operators speak English), and they will call Ruam Paet Hospital and arrange for your son to be transferred (you may have to pay ambulance fees as well).

Hope this information helps.


Re: son in hospital, information needed

Dear  Seema,

Thank you so much for your help.  Cordially, Arline

Re: son in hospital, information needed

Dear Seema,

Your help and guidance was very much appreciated.  My son was moved to Bangkok Phuket Hospital a few hours ago.  He is still very, very ill, but tells me it seems to be a good hospital.  Cordially, Arline