Topic: Sala Talay or La Playa?

Trying to decide between these two. Would we need to get a tuk tuk from Sala Talay every time we wanted to head into the main area of Ao Nang? I have read that walking distance is between 15-30 minutes so getting confused. How easy is the walk from La Playa? I read about an alley you can walk to the main road, does this bring you out near the BW Aonang Bay Resort & Spa? Confused about where the main entrance of La Playa is as well, on some maps it looks like it's on the road that heads up to Duang Jai, but on others it looks like it there is an entrance off the main road BW, Queens Pavilion and Cha Wan are on, (can't find the name or number of this road on the maps I have).
Thanks for any help or advice.
Lee

Re: Sala Talay or La Playa?

Sala Talay is brand new and on the beachfront of Nopparat Thara. It's about 300 - 400 metres further out than Krabi La Playa, which is located on a private road off the main road going to BW Ao Nang Bay and Pakasai etc., which is called Klong Haeng Road.

In terms of location (i.e. proximity to shops etc.) it makes very little difference to be honest. I'd say it was a 15-20 minute walk from Sala Talay to the "main" beach area of Ao Nang, but as there are plenty of restaurants and shops on the way, including a good seafood place (Wang Sai) and a hawker centre, you won't feel completely isolated and the restaurants on the main beachfront aren't that great anyway! (though the shopping is good)

I haven't seen inside the rooms yet at Sala Talay, but given most should have a sea view and it is new, I'd go for that one. It looks very nice from the outside.

Thank you for this information. I have read a review on another forum and viewed some photos, looks really nice. Would anyone have some idea of price of tuk tuk from Salay Talay? We are going to Phuket after Krabi, so not that bothered about the shopping, but it would be nice to achieve some in a more peaceful setting. Definitely want to be a close enough walk to a few restaurants. I have also read about Luna bar in this area, would the noise be disturbing late at night? I have read complaints from people who stayed at Ao nang Buri re noise.
Lee

Sala Talay is about 150 metres away from Luna Bar and the rooms are set quite far back from the road, so shouldn't be a problem unless you are a very light sleeper. Tuk-tuk to Ao Nang from here will cost 20 - 30 THB per person (one way). Depending on which beach you are going to in Phuket, Ao Nang will offer as good if not better shopping for souvenirs / handicrafts / DVDs / cheap clothing, though if you are looking for genuine branded clothing etc., then the big malls in Phuket will offer a better choice.