Topic: Boat trips from Klong Muang

My friend and I will be staying on Klong Muang. We will have two full days, other than our arrival day.  We would like to take either full day or half day longtail boat or kayaking trips.  Is this possible from Klong Muang or will we need to get to Ao Nang?  How long is the trip to Ao Nang? Can you suggest boat trips which would be do-able for us?  Thanks!

Re: Boat trips from Klong Muang

You can do both longtail boat trips and kayaking excursions from Klong Muang. If you choose an organised tour, the operator will pick you up and drop you back at your hotel as part of the tour cost, there is no need to travel by yourself to Ao Nang. Book these in your hotel or any agent along the main road.

You can also head down to the beach where you will see longtail boats that you can charter directly to take you to the islands, e.g. Koh Hong. Some hotels may also have kayaks for rent from the beach, but as the coast along here is not very interesting, I would recommend going on an organised tour for this activity.

Re: Boat trips from Klong Muang

Thanks so much for your reply. It sounds like we can book something for the next day the afternoon we arrive.