Topic: Couple travelling with small kid - need help to choose accomodation

My husband and I plan to have a short 3D2N trip to Krabi on 1st May 2010.
We'll bring our 3+ years old son along and I'm in early stage of pregnancy now so enjoying our time together might be our only activity (we won't mind anyway).
We're looking for clean, nice and friendly hotel located on a great beach, prefarable with kid pool and playground.
It's not required to be located on a busy area with lively nightlife but we do want to try local food so some local restaurant and convenience shop nearby is prefarable.
We've a list (below with our main worry/concern) in our mind but need your advice before we decide
A)    Amari Vogue – too far away from anything and high price
B)    Sheraton – high price
C)    Krabi Resort – beach not nice as the other hotels
D)    Railay Village / Railay Bay Resort – need to travel by boat
I really want to make this trip perfect as this is our long awaited family trip and I can foresee next trip will be long time later after our 2nd child’s birth.
Hence we appreciate any advice towards the trip (hotel, activity etc).
Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Yippy

Re: Couple travelling with small kid - need help to choose accomodation

Hi Yippy

I would 100% recommend Railay over your other choices. It is perfect for a stay-put, not do very much holiday. The beaches are very beautiful, both the hotels you mention have nice accommodation and pools, and there are quite a few decent Thai food restaurants on the peninsula. I would recommend Ya Ya and the hotel restaurant in Railay Bay (open to anyone). The boat ride from the mainland is only 10 minutes to get there - and if you think this might be problematic, I would also recommend booking the hotel transfers as this will make things much easier (no hanging around waiting for the boat, someone to help carry your bags etc.).

Seema

p.s. no children's playground in Railay - but you have the beach!

Thanks Seema for the quick reply.
Railay is our 1st choice at the beginning.
When we found out that I'm pregnant last week, we're worry the boat trip to and from Railay might be too hectic for me (for our son too).
Anyone can advise the sea condition at Krabi during that time (end April / early May)?
By the way, our budget is USD100 per night (max. USD150 if really need).

Yippy

Hi Yippy

Sorry for the late reply. The hotel boats go from Ao Nam Mao, rather than the public pier in Ao Nang. This route is much more sheltered and therefore reasonably calm even in bad weather. I would not foresee any big problems - as mentioned it is only a 10 minute journey.

S

Can anyone advise which hotel (between Railay Village Resort and Railay Bay Resort) and room type is better?
We want a hotel where our son can enjoy the beach and kid's pool while we can still have some privacy and peace in our room.