Topic: Gym at Railay Beach or Ao Nang

Does anyone know if a good weight training gym has opened in Ao Nang or re-opened in Railay (there was one on the East side a couple of years ago)?  Also is the gym still open in Krabi and if so has anyone got the address or phone number of website address of it?
thanks
ronnie, sydney

Re: Gym at Railay Beach or Ao Nang

Did you find a good gym?  I will be in Krabi in December and am interested in working out while I am there.

Good Gym: still waiting.  my previous info remains current as per my first post.  there was a gmy just off the main street in Krabi Town (near one of the "monkey-man" traffic signals) but that was up for sale last year so i am not sure if it survived, which is partially why i posted the first post; ifyou find out please let me know as we go again in January as we have done every year for the past 7 years.

ps i went to FSU graduate shcool mid-1980s) but live in Australia

Krabi Super Fitness
This is the gym we went to a few years ago and is still operating; we used it last week, located on Soi 6 off Maharat Road, the main street of Krabi town, heading to the airport turn left off Maharat into Soi 6. Telephone No 075 632091 but they dont speak much English let alone american english.  I think it is open early and stays open until around 10pm but is not air conditioned but they have enough big fans that do an ok job, besides shirts are optional for men but you must use a towel on the benches of course.  They have small free lockers for your keys and money and free small towels.  Equipment basic but more than adequate and plenty of cardio machines, boxing bags and i think aerobics upstairs.  Casual rates are a low  Bht120 which is around AUS$4 or US$3 a visit.  It may be more crowded later when more locals "kon thai" use the gym but mid morning there were just three farang and two kon thai ladies who worked there.

Why have many Farang like to learn Muaythai ??

(Please log in or register to see this link) (Please log in or register to see this link) (Please log in or register to see this link)

Krabi Super Fitness
This is the gym we went to a few years ago, located on Soi 6 off Maharat Road, the main street of Krabi town, heading to the airport turn left off Maharat into Soi 6.

Does anyone know if it still operating and if there are any more gyms or fitness centres open in krabi or better still Railay beach?

Maybe someone who lives in krabi could go and check it out for us?

thanks.

There is a gym on the road opposite the Shell garage (Soi 10 I think?) Its the road after the Theparat Lodge hotel if walking up Maharat Rd away from town . Near the morning market. Cost 100bht for a session. Basic gym equipment and some running machines.

i just checked on google maps and Krabi Super Fitness is shown at Mahraj soi 9  so it could have moved from soi 10.

ps it looks like it is still for sale see this advert:  (Please log in or register to see this link)