Topic: Ko Lanta

I'm going Krabi in late Jan for 4nights with 3 other friends & my 1year old girl. Thinking of staying in Ko Lanta as you've mentioned it's good for . However, I only arrive at night 9pm. Is it too far to make the journey to Ko Lanta? If so, what would you recommend for mainland accommodation (suitable for my girl)?

Re: Ko Lanta

You can see this page for your options: http://www.lanta-islands.com/getting-to-lanta.php
But I think if you are arriving at 9pm, you possibly won't even make the car ferry... though they may extend the operating hours to accommodate late flights this year.

If you prefer to stay in Krabi Town, City and Golden Hill are 2 reasonably priced hotels, with clean, non-fusty rooms. Neither offer baby cots, though, so you would have to bring a travel cot with you or share your bed.

Hello there, anybody, somebody,
Cn you help me out? WE, my husband and I have the intention to stay on Koh Lant or in Ao Nang for a long time. Does anybody know if there re aprtments or bungalows with cooking facilities?
Or just making a coffee and a noodle soup once an a while, because ating out every time for about 3 to 6 month is getting boring.

I have a private tropical house and garden available for rent on the island of Koh Lanta, just a 5 minute walk from the beach.
There is a running slide show if you are interested to see pictures at:
www.myspace.com/kohlantaholidayhomerental
Please let me know if you would like further details.
Kind Regards

We are due to arrive in Thailand on 22nd April and have planned to stay on Railay Beach at the Sunrise Tropical Hotel - having done some more investigation, we think Koh Lanta might be a better place to stay (based on various articles read etc) - can anyone tell me there opinion on which island is better for a relaxing beach holiday and cultural activities - cooking classes, etc

Railay is more beautiful than Lanta, but there is less to do in the immediate area - for any cultural activities or shopping etc you would need to take a boat to Ao Nang (15 minutes ride). Lanta has cookery classes, elephants and so on, on the island, all more easily accessible by road. The beaches are also quieter than in Railay (no longtail boat traffic), but again Railay wins the beauty contest hands down.

Lanta is more for relaxing. Ao Nang/Railay for activities.