Topic: Krabi Itinerary Help!

greetings!

I'll be heading to thailand for our honeymoon this august. The middle leg of our journey we wanted to dedicate to beach loungin, snorkling, and basically catching some sun. Our plan is to fly from Bangkok to Krabi, spend a few days in Krabi (possibly to Koh Lanta) then fly to Chiang Mai. Ive been reading and it seems the most inexpensive way to make these stops is to purchase a Thai Discovery Pass of some sort.  So here are my quesitons:

1>Does anyone one out there know the differences between the THAI AIR DISCOVERY PASS vs BANGKOK AIR DISCOVERY PASS?

2> Can I fly direct from BKK to KRABI via either of these air passes

3>  Since we are looking for some quiet beach time, and maybe some hiking, should we keep this middle leg of our journey to KRABI and KOH LANTA? Ive heard that Phuket has been over-built, and has the "this could be anywhere" kinda vibe.

thanks in advance for your help!

cool

Re: Krabi Itinerary Help!

Hello

The cheapest way to get around Thailand is to book yourself through the airline websites, not through a Discovery Pass. Try Nok Air, Air Asia, Bangkok Air etc.

The only two airlines still flying BKK - Krabi in August are Thai and Air Asia (Air Asia is a lot cheaper, though slightly less reliable).

I would avoid Lanta in August (my personal opinion). The island is dead; most sea activities are suspended and the beaches are full of debris washed up by the monsoon winds. In the worst case scenario you could also get a week of rain, which will make it an even more depressing place to be.

The Krabi mainland at the moment is very quiet; I would look at staying here. If Ao Nang is too developed for your tastes, try Railay (in good weather), or Tupkaek if you want real isolation, with a spot of hiking.