Availability: Daily, all year round.
Approximate timing: 08.30 – 13.00 | 12.30 – 17.00 | 16.30 – 21.00
Itinerary: Learn how to prepare a set of 5 classic Thai dishes of your choosing, plus make your own curry paste from scratch, cook perfect jasmine rice and make a traditional Thai dessert: sticky rice with mango or bananas in sweet coconut milk.
The options (you will be able to choose one from each category):
1) Pad Thai / Pad Si Yu / Deep fried spring rolls / Fried rice with prawns
2) Tom Yam Kung / Kaeng Jeut (clear vegetable broth) / Tom Kha Gai / Wonton Soup
3) Seafood Salad / Laab Gai / Glass Noodle Salad / Papaya Salad (som tam)
4) Stir-fried chicken with cashew nuts / Stir-fried chicken with ginger / Sweet and sour chicken / Stir fried chicken with chilli and basil
5) Red curry / Massaman curry / Green curry / Paneng curry (including how to make the curry paste)
6) Sticky rice with mango / Bananas in coconut milk
The course uses fresh, organic ingredients grown in the kitchen garden. At the end, eat your efforts, or take away for later. Small group size (max. 10 people, unlike 20+ in most schools) is guaranteed. Choose from morning, afternoon or dinner sessions, all at the same price. Receive a certificate and recipe book at the end of the course. Halal kitchen, vegetarians catered for.
Children who participate in the course are charged the adult rate; non-participating children may accompany their parents; 600 THB will be charged per child aged 8 and above for food. Any non-participating adults will be charged the same rate.
Expected group size: 2 – 10 pax, depending on the day and time of year.
– More info on Thai cookery in Krabi.
– Detailed trip report (coming soon)
Last updated: February 8, 2017