***PRICES ARE PER VEHICLE, FOR UP TO 10 PASSENGERS. FOR LARGER GROUPS, PLEASE BOOK AN ADDITIONAL VEHICLE***
For independent sightseeing, hiring your own vehicle with a driver is the best way to travel. There is no need to look at maps, and everyone in the group can enjoy the scenery. The itineraries proposed are those we find to work best – based on years of trial and error. Krabi is a very large province (almost 9 times the size of Phuket!) and these routes are the most efficient in terms of moving from place to place with minimum time wasted. For this reason, we do not provide any customisations to the set routes; to create your own itinerary, please choose the “unlimited” option and send us your ideas. For details on timing etc. please click on the “What’s included” tab.
All prices are quoted for pick up / drop off at Ao Nang and Krabi Town hotels. For other areas, please add the supplement required.
1. Hot Springs and Emerald Pool (half day) – this is a 50 minute drive from Ao Nang so you will get around 1 hour in each place. Additional entry fees 290 THB per person, half price for children under 12.
2. Hot Springs and Emerald Pool with airport pick up (half day) – we can pick up from the airport and go directly to the Hot Springs and Emerald Pool before dropping you back at your hotel. Flights should arrive before 2.30pm in order to get the full service. Additional entry fees 290 THB per person, half price for children under 12.
3. Hot Springs, Emerald Pool & Tiger Cave Temple (full day) – this can be done in any order, though we recommend Tiger Cave first and the other two in the afternoon as this will avoid the crowds. A stop will be made for lunch at your request; this can be at a local restaurant, or in the Tesco Lotus mall if you also wish to do some shopping (this will be counted in your overall time). Additional entry fees 290 THB per person, half price for children under 12.
4. Tiger Cave Temple (3 – 4 hours) – this is a 20 minute drive from Ao Nang; 2 – 3 hours will give you enough time to explore the grounds and make the trek to the mountaintop shrine.
5. Tiger Cave Temple with airport transfer (half day) – we can pick up from the airport and go directly to the temple before dropping you back at your hotel, or leave early to the airport before your flight and stop off there on the way.
6. Krabi Weekend “Walking Street” Market (3 hours) – visit Krabi Riverside for some photos before heading to the weekend market. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only, 18.00 – 21.00.
7. Tesco Lotus and Outlet Shopping Malls (3 hours) – Krabi’s shopping malls are not very impressive compared with Phuket or Bangkok. However you can find cheap deals on clothing, electronics and accessories, as well as brand name discounts at the Outlet Mall.
8. Tesco Lotus and Outlet Shopping Malls + Krabi Weekend “Walking Street” Market – combine both shopping areas into a half day excursion. Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only for weekend market; available on other days with visit to Krabi town centre.
9. Phanom Bencha National Park – visit the remote Huay Toh waterfall and stop off at Lang Rong Rian Caves. Additional entry fees 200 THB per person, half price for children under 12.
10. Krabi City Tour – a half day program designed by Your Krabi. Visit Nopparat Thara Beach (Ao Nang departures only); Shell Fossil Beach; the Marine Conservation Centre; Krabi riverside, with the option to charter a boat to visit Kanab Nam caves and backwaters (500 – 800 THB total); town centre and fruit market.
11. Unlimited mileage within Krabi Province (full day) – Have a driver and vehicle at your disposal for a consecutive 8 hour period between the hours of 8am – 10pm. Choose whenever and wherever you want to go within Krabi Province. We can assist with customizing a route, or you can choose your own. Note: all fuel included!
Last updated: November 17, 2016