As an international base, Krabi has improved dramatically over the last ten years. Since the opening of the new international airport in March 2006, there are regular scheduled connections between Krabi and the transport hubs of Singapore, Kuala Lumpur and Bangkok, as well as European charter flight services, which operate during November – April only.
For the current, up-to-date flight schedule to Krabi Airport (KBV), please see our Getting to Krabi page, which has the latest information.
There is no train service in Krabi (the rail network does not reach here), but there is a reliable inter-provincial bus service for long-distance travel within Thailand. The main highways are in good condition and there are excellent and relatively traffic-free routes to Phuket (2 – 3 hours), Bangkok (10 – 12 hours), Surat Thani (2 hours) and Trang (1.5 hours) and Had Yai (5 – 6 hours) in the south.
- Opening a bank account in Krabi
- Finding employment in Krabi
- Expat entertainment in Krabi
- International TV & Media
- Internet, phone and 3G connections
- Western food in Krabi
- Owning and driving a vehicle in Krabi
- Hospitals and health insurance in Krabi
- Krabi international schools
- Learning Thai & other language difficulties
- Krabi expat guide
- Krabi: Practical info during your visit
- Long stay accommodation in Krabi
Last updated: August 29, 2012